Our Curriculum Intent
Bourne Community College aims to prepare students for a lifelong love of learning, recognising students as individuals with unique abilities, interests and backgrounds.
We aim to provide an excellent educational experience for students by:
- Providing a broad, balanced and accessible curriculum for all students which fits their individual needs
- Providing learning opportunities which allow students to develop transferrable skills
- Fostering high aspirations and educate, inspire and enable students to access future opportunities, progressing to Further and Higher Education
- Developing students’ skills in Literacy and Numeracy to support their studies and their future pursuits
- Empowering students to remain safe, healthy and socially responsible members of the community by providing social, moral, spiritual and cultural learning opportunities.
Bourne Community College operates a weekly timetable with six fifty-minute lessons per day (See Calendar for times of college day).
In Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 and 9) we teach a broad and balanced curriculum which follows the governments current National Curriculum for maintained schools. This includes the core subjects of English, Maths and Science together with the foundation subjects of Art, Drama, Music, Food Technology, Design Technology, ICT, French, Spanish, History, Geography, PSE, PE and RE.
In Key Stage 4 (Years 10 and 11) all students study the core subjects of English Language, English Literature, Maths, Science (Trilogy or seperate Biology, Chemistry & Physics), Personal Development and Core PE. Students then choose 3 additional subjects from a long list which includes Art, Business Studies, Child Care, Drama, Engineering, Food Technology, Design Technology, ICT, Music, French, Spanish, History, Geography, PE, PE/Sport and RE.
For any queries relating to our Curriculum provision, please contact Alice Hardwick, Deputy Headteacher: email@example.com.