YW Letter to Parents 06/09/2021
Dear Parents and Carers
All schools and colleges are reopening this week and we are delighted that the students are returning so positively. We want to reassure you that we have put the appropriate Covid 19 measures in place to ensure a safe return to school and ask for your continued support on this.
Secondary and college aged students are asked to take two Lateral Flow tests on return. However, students who have tested positive on a PCR test in the last 90 days should not participate in the return to school testing, as it could show a false positive result.
All students must then continue to take two Lateral Flow Tests each week and record the results on the NHS App. We suggest that this is done on a Monday and Friday morning but it has to fit in with your family routine.
Please see the attached link for information, which is very useful, outlining – ‘Supporting students at secondary school or college: what you need to know’
How to Stay Safe
How to stay safe and protect others –
Even though legal restrictions have been lifted, coronavirus has not gone away and it is important that we all do everything we can to stop the virus spreading.
- Remember to wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitiser
- You can help by continuing to wear face coverings in busy indoor places and on public transport
- It is safer to meet other people outside and if you are indoors, open the windows to let in fresh air
- Getting tested and self-isolating when advised is essential
- Have your vaccine when you are invited to do so
We are all looking forward to a safe and calm start to the new academic year for all and I thank you in advance for your support on this.