Dear Parents & Carers
Re: No Waste Wednesday Launch – 11 May 2022
Tomorrow is No Waste Wednesday, which is our launch day to keep our school and environment clean, tidy and environmentally friendly.
The Year 8 Student Council have initiated this and have asked for a non-uniform day, when everyone –
- Contributes at least £1.00 to wear non-uniform
- Wears something green or a green accessory to boost our green launch
Please can I ask for your support on this and also remind the students –
- To be environmentally aware at all times
- That non-uniform days are a privilege and they are still learning days, so they need all their equipment as per a normal day, for all their class work and/or sports or food technology lessons
- That non-uniform is ‘smart casual’ i.e. appropriate for a school day, so no cropped tops, short shorts, ripped clothing or anything that may cause offence or embarrassment
We want to support this all-important initiative, to make our school an eco-friendly and green school and are delighted Year 8 are pushing this initiative.
Thanking you in advance,